November 03, 2010

Laptop Cart Logins

This is that notice I put on the cart. I'm posting it here too, because it's true of all our laptops when connecting to the wireless, not just the ones in the cart.

  Why Can't we login sometimes?

because sometimes these laptops take a long time to see the network and if they don't see the network, they don't know you!

Here's how to check to see if you're connected to the network



PS. If you've waited and waited and it still won't go green, you can always hardwire yourself to the network. (That's the black cable probably coming out of your phone). Once you connect and login, that will usually fix the problem and it will login just fine for you the next time.

If it still won't play nice, I want to know. Grab me or email me or put in a Help Ticket and we'll come see what's up!

PS. Sometimes your own teacher laptop will login even if it doesn't see the network, because it actually remembers you, but if you don't wait for that green light, it logs in without your network folder and that's why sometimes you see a little question mark where your folder should be. Just logout, wait for the green light and log back in. Your network folder will be there now! Is this confusing? Just grab me, I'll show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...